Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 24 in "30 Days of Blogging"


Day 24: your favourite quote and why

Favourite? It always seems to be "favourite" with this blogging list doesn't it? Such pressure all the time! Let's go with: "quotes I like". Yeah, I can deal with that. How about "top five quotes I like" - even better.


“All experience is an arch where through gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades, forever and ever as I move”

– Alfred Lord Tennyson “Ulysses”


“I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream”

-Vincent Van Gogh


"Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness"

- Dag Hammarskjold

"The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours"


- Alan Bennett from "The History Boys"

- Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love blog posters who write often, so I check this regularly :)
Quote #1 is one of my top 5's as well...I love that poem!

Ben S. said...

if i was doing this series of blogging, i'd have to google "quotes" to write one down. i love that you have so many. i especially loved the oscar wilde one.

the tapered pant said...

awesome. i love you.