Friday, February 04, 2011

Day 7 in "30 Days of Blogging"


Day 7: a picture of someone/something that has had a big impact on you


Okay kind of an obvious choice* I realize. I thought about other things I could choose, but let's face it, this is the right choice.

This man has given me something very rare. He has helped me learn how to love in a space filled with acceptance, grace and kindness. He has given me space to try, to fail and to try again and then learn from that process.

I am very, very grateful for him. I'm often in awe of the gift I have been given in the form of Matthew Fraser Dayco.

*Just for the record, this kind of unabashed relationship gushing is a little difficult for me to do in public settings for fear of sounding overly confident and just plain irritating. But I figure once in a while I just need to go for it right?

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I know the man and can vouch for it if need be: he is indeed worthy of a little bit of public gushing ;)

from mel said...

please gush away. that was beautifully written.