Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 22 in "30 Days of Blogging"


Day 22: what makes you different than everyone else

This is sort of a funny question, and I've never really gotten on board with the "I'm sooo unique, look how cool my uniqueness is" thing. Especially when I was a teenager, and that was all the rage. I was usually pretty aware of how similar I was to everyone else. But as I get older, I have noticed a few things, and they are mostly in my bizarre personal paradoxes.

1. I am English Major who loves books, but also loves being with people (bookworm socialite): Maybe these things don't seem contradictory to you, but they seem to be for me. I always want to embrace a night of "at home reading" but then somebody calls me and I rush out. I come home and see my book lying on the table and feel regret.

2. I am easily paranoid and worried, but I crave adventure (anxious optimist): I worry about the future a lot. I constantly ask Matt questions about what will come. I worry about every potential eventuality about the choices I make. But at the same time, I want to take on new adventures. I want to backpack and travel. I want to meet new friends. I want to take courses and learn new things.

There are probably other things too, but I have trouble identifying them for myself. Any additions?

1 comment:

Spiro said...

you observe yourself well.