Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 21 in "30 Days of Blogging"


Day 21: a picture of something that makes you happy


I am in Hawaii (right now!)
I am on a beach.

Yup, that makes me pretty happy. I don't when it happened, because I know it wasn't the case when I was younger, but now, beaches just make me so happy. The sound of the waves crashing and the feel of sand in your feet.

And I'm not a fair-weather beach lover either. Oh no! I will go to the beach in the cold, and sometimes even the rain. In fact, I sometimes even like winter beach better, because you have it all to yourself.

Two weeks ago, I was driving into White Rock, and I caught sight of the water. I don't know what it was, but it almost brought tears to my eyes. (Okay, it did) Somehow living in Langley, I had forgotten how much that view just kills me. And it just caught me off guard. The sun was glinting, and I was just affronted by beauty.

And on that note, I think I am going to go down to the beach right now and do some tanning. I heart vacation.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

"affronted by beauty"

I like that...