Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 6 in "30 Days of Blogging"


Day 6: favourite superhero and why

Google-Image Searched for Superman and found this. Superman in a 70's Photobooth. Amazing.

Superman has always been my favourite. I think it's the whole Clark Kent transformation thing. I love the quiet newspaper man saving the world.

I was also pretty obsessed with Lois & Clark as a 12-year-old. I watched every episode and was in love with Dean Cain.

Somewhere around that time, I came to love superman kitsch - vintage Superman in particular. I have water bottles, vintage postcards, journals, pens and keychains. I don't really go for it too much these days, but I can't say the sight of a superman themed toy doesn't still make me stop in my tracks.

Word on the street is - there is going to be a 2012 Superman movie, with a young British actor. Hey, it worked for Batman. Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

Christy Childers said...

superman is the best. yup.

afterthoughtcomposer said...

love that picture! hahaha. Awesome :)