Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snow and Scrabble...


"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but no school is so delightul, so since I have no place to go, Let it snow...."

Yes, I should have spent the evening writing one of my three papers. But scrabble with my mom, and Love Actually on TV were just too tempting. Hey - it was snowing outside.


It's snowing. Like crazy. My family woke up and braved it to church. I just loved that. The solidarity expierenced by those actually at church was astounding. I just love that feeling. It was like we all a part of somehing.

Sadly though, the snow can also be awful. I left my car at Matt's last night and he drove me home. Then today, when Matt and my dad went to retrieve it, it took them like 2 hours shovelling it out. It didn't go anywhere and had zero traction. Too bad for a brand new car eh?

But despite all of this, the snow is magical. Matt and I took a long walk in the snow last night, just enjoying it. Something about it makes everything look romantic, even boring suburban streets. That and everywhere children are laughing. Matt said he saw one little girl come outside and twirl yelling "snow, snow!". I think I can symathize with this small girl, tommorow morning, when I don't have to drive to school. Oh yes.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Do you want to come over and play with me?