Friday, November 17, 2006

Don't Drink the Water...

So yesterday they announced a "water alert". The above picture is not my water, but actual tap water from Vancouver. Gotta say though - tap water in Richmond is looking pretty bad too. I am not about to take back all the things I like about storms, but I must say, this is going to make for a NO FUN day at Starbucks. Everyone that is writing about it seems to be commenting on how "Starbucks has no water". Yes, because that is the biggest concern here...Oh boy...

So Novacom is next door to "Canadian Springs Water". So I go next door to get some clean water. They are absolutley going crazy! There were two news stations there, cameramen, the whole thing. People were all lined up...to buy water! A bad day for Vancovuerites, a GOOD day for Canadian Springs.

Update: The whole thing's off, unless you live in Vancouver proper, or North Van. As of 1.00 pm. I'm trying for most informative post here, who wants to nominate me? C'mon, a pressing issue, so relevant...haha.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

I am glad you are on top of things, keeping this recent and updated. thank you for the important public service announcement regarding starbucks' renewed capability to serve festive holiday beveriges.