Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Love my Job...


That picture has nothing to do with this post. Except that maybe its also very comical and concerns Starbucks.I am going to tell a little story now, and if you don't find silly people and rants amusing, stop reading now....

Last night, a guy came into our store. He was probably about 19 or 20. He is in a shirt and tie, but kinda scruffy. Nice enough looking though. He comes to the front, and orders a hot chocolate with 1/4 soy and the rest normal milk. I get some weird orders so this wasn't new. I asked him why - he said he was allegric to dairy. So I am thinking - why are you having any? But thats beside the point. Since I am so good at my job, I offer to make him a drink that tastes great with soy. (Tazo Chai). I have to go help another customer but he continues to talk to me. Once again - this has happened before. But I always find it pretty comical. But thats not all...

He eventually sits down but then gets up again - walks back up to the bar and carries on a lengthy discussion with me about how the Chai tastes like Cinnamon. Yes - it is Chai spice friend. The point is - he keeps talking. He would go sit down for like 10 minutes then come back and talk again. But the funny part is - not particularly to me. More so to my 40- year old co-worker. Yikes. Later we see him get up and go to the bathroom, comes back out wearing an entirely black outfit. I guess it was his casual clothes. Well this seems to put him in a good mood. Because he starts snapping one hand to the music. And then one foot. And then before we know it, he is almost full on dancing in his chair. I was just about dying.

After a few more conversations he leaves. But then he comes back! He is standing there for a few minutes - looking like he is building up to say something....but doesnt. He turns and walks out. Then my co-worker goes "shoot, maybe he wanted to use the phone to get a taxi". So, I am not even kidding you, she runs after him. Out in the parking lot she asks him, he says:

"No...I just wanted to say good-bye".

3 comments:

Kathryn Dechant said...

I love you Sharelle. That made my day! Oh and love the pic.

Kristina said...

The detailed phone description was a good pre-amble to this post. Just thinking back to your laugh at the end of the "I just wanted to say goodbye" part made me laugh out loud when i read the post.
Well done Drewlo.

Spiro said...

Bridget: "why are you laughing?"
Me: "oh, it's just my friend: she rants all the time, and i just read one and it was funny"
Bridget: "Who was it, Bonnie?"
Me: No, my friend sharelle drewlo.
Bridget "shredrello? sounds like an evil step mother"