Friday, December 23, 2005

From our Sweaters to Yours...

The winners of the Better Sweater 2005 - the happy couple: Geoff & Lavonne, unmodified and modified respectively.
A picture of Nevs at the lodge - simply because its funny.
My decorator extradonaire - Jenny Beevers - holding the Mallard, while I cradle Billy Bass the singing Christmas wall hanging.
This odd photo simply to show the glory of Shaun's 5 dollar sweater - yes it was made entirely of 5 dollar bills.
So there you have it, Better Sweater 2005 is officially wrapped up. The turn out was smaller, but it was good company and thats key. I started early with Jenny and she painted the amazing log cabin decor you can see in the photos. Special thanks to Montanas cookhouse for providing the lodge paraphenalia: antlers, ski poles and snow shoes. I think my co-host also deserves some recognition for his decorating talent. Who knew antlers, some garland and a plaid blanket could look that classy?
This year there were two categories, modified and unmodified. It was time to give a chance to those who got those amazing sweaters as is, yet to everyones alarm, the modification king himself Stewart, cleaned up. The winners:
Geoff Stewart: Unmodified - Santa playing golf with elves as caddies, PC factor: he was Black.
Lavonne Neville: Modified - A reindeer made of felt, with light up antlers, constructed at my house the evening prior.
Shaun Gaynor: Honorable Mention- This is actually way more than an hon. met. - I really do think this guy deserved a prize. In fact I think my mom may give him one. As seen in the photo, the 5 dollar sweater. Guess how much money the sweater was in total?

4 comments:

Kathryn Dechant said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

That girl is the second picture is HOT!

Anonymous said...

Awe, looks like you had a great time, wish I could have been there. Next year... maybe...

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe the great fake log-cabin! Looks like the best sweater party ever! You White Rock kids are too cool :)