Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I love my friends....

Now you might be thinking "who writes a cliche post titled 'I love my friends'?!?" or you might be thinking "does Sharelle think that the girls in this beloved show are her friends?"

And the answers are me and yes. No not really, but sort of. There is some incredible friendship in that show, and this post is to commemorate a wonderful week I had with my good friend Lavonne. Since the parents took off on yet another vacation, I brought in the good times - Lavonne Neville, S&C, and McCain Cake. This my friends in a winning combo. It's such a gift to have a friend at the end of the day to "recap" with. I absolutely love the weeks when Lavonne stays with me. It's magical. It reminds me why I love good friends so much. We don't need to be with each other all the time. Yet when we do need them, we need them. For the sillyness, the reflection, the laughter, the security and heck even the cyncism.

It might sound cheesy, or perhaps even ridicolous but....I will always be a being orientated towards friends. I live for these moments.

5 comments:

Kathryn Dechant said...

I can't even believe it. I recently had a Sex and the City marathon with a couple of friends, and we ate Deep and Delicious cake. It IS a winning combination! If I move to the coast will you be my roommate again so we can watch S&C all the time together?

Anonymous said...

My friend sharelle,
I too love our magical weeks together. The end of the day recaps and rants bring me such joy. It is so wonderful to have you to laugh with, drink lattes with, and cry when watching Grey's Anatomy with. Bec will probably sass me for such a sappy post, and I'm okay with that.

Ang said...

This brings be back to you, Lynn, and me tucked into a double bed, sharing the drama of life and love, while watching the ladies in Manolo's show us how it's done. I love you! Happy Valentines!

the tapered pant said...

you are soo charlotte.

the tapered pant said...

and that was CLEARLY a joke...don't start with me.