Saturday, February 10, 2007

I love London....

I am so in love with this city....

Where do I begin. Its the metropolis meeting the old world. Its Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Chaucer's grave in Westminster Abbey, the Tube, the Theatre, the books, the history, the people. And the thing is, its not only these things. You can walk around all day taking in the 100's of years of history and literature. Yet in the evening, you can go to a show, or H &M, or Ben and Jerrys. Thats pretty good.

The thing is - I got so comfortable with London. I walked around the tube and the city and I always felt safe. I don't know why. I know it isn't really. But I just love it...so much.

4 comments:

Christy Childers said...

you're killing me, drewlo.

Ang said...

I totally felt safe too! I would come home on the tube in the middle of the night with a giant "rich tourist" sign on my back, and no one bothered me. Really, this happened, everything but the sign.

Anonymous said...

oh the good ol' days when we roamed London together. I love that city as well. If I may add my own "I LOVE", I would have to tag on that I LOVE Scotland. Something about that country, culture, people, scenery, style & many other things draws me to there. I'm so glad that we got to galavant together around England & Scotland in 2004. That's a long way from making crazy music videos in Mexico in 2000 (which I re-watched the other night. If you ever need a good laugh, throw in the dcla video).

love ya.

Kristina said...

H&M is definitely coming to Coquitlam.
(and they're opening something like 17 stores across BC)
Good gravy Drewlo!
What a dream come true.