Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 3 in "30 Days of Blogging"



Day 3: a picture of you as a child

It was a bit of a difficult assignment today, because I don't have too many digital photos of myself as a kid. This photo may have been featured on the blog before, but it was a long time ago.

That picture is pretty classic Kid-Sharelle in a lot of ways. First of all, I have my pigtails, which was one of my favourite hairstyles. I often got referred to as "Pippy Longstocking" when I was a little girl. My hair was so red then, I had lots of freckles and I was always wearing pigtails.

The other thing that characterizes me in that picture is my bear Scotty. I think that is Scotty 1.0, and now I am on about 4.0. Yes, I still have a teddy bear. Poor Matt. It actually really affects how well I sleep, which is bizarre but true. My current Scotty is falling apart at the seams (literally) so it might be time for me to finally move on.

And that's about it for today.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh wow. That picture is awesome. I didn't know you looked so much like Pippi! If possible, I might like you more than I already did.

Gina said...

Scotty!!!!!!!!!

theRachel said...

Great pic! Did you take Scotty with you to Capernwray, etc?

Joanna said...

I was going through old pictures the other day and found a some of when Laura and I stole Scotty. I hope that you still have the "Scotty's Day Out" photo album we made you for your birthday because we took him everywhere. Good Memories.

afterthoughtcomposer said...

:) love this.

(ps. I have a bear too. It too effects how well I sleep. I will have to make sure whomever I marry is friends with Matt so they can discuss the perils of having a wife with a bear)