Friday, September 09, 2005

Goodbye Summer....

My new campus.
I think it turned out to be an unexpectedly pleasant summer. From fun adventures, to the start of this silly blog, working at Novacom with the one and only Lavonne Neville, about FOUR capernwray visits, and the finale in San Fran. It was good friends, and now it's back to the books.
And what better place to do it than a new school? Yes, I just can't get enough of new things. So I started Trinity Western University in beautiful Langley, BC. This school has already blown me away. While I am aware that I am still in the honeymoon phase, I am pretty sure this whole expierence has ALREADY beaten Kwantlen University College. They basically help you do everything, from textbooks to Commuter lounges. I already signed on the dotted line, and I am in the "community". I am kind of scared (maybe because THAT word has been grossly overused by the Christian subculture?) and also very excited. I have been a waiting a long time for this.
And I think after this, I will basically never escape from the Christian "circle" even if I wanted to. So far I have seen - 2 christian school friends, 2 white rock people, 1 Kelsey's man, 2 camp people, 2 friends of a friend, and of course the beloved Peace Portalers. Pretty mental, and also fantastic at the same time.
For the final kicker, I went to the Soccer game last night (pun intended). It's official - for the time being:
I am a Trin-keen.

5 comments:

Kathryn Dechant said...

I'm so glad you love it Sharelle, I knew you would. Call me this week, I would love to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you are enjoying your new school. Let me know how the English and Bible classes are going? I started reading a collection of work by Carson McCullers last night..." The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" and what not. Good Stuff. What are you reading in class?

the tapered pant said...

iiii love trin-keeners

Anonymous said...

Sharelle, I'm so pumped for you to be there. I miss you though - perhaps one of these days you could push past Langley & make your way to Abbotsford & visit me @ CBC:) Or...we could meet in the middle...on the freeway?? haha. I don't know, but give me a call soon. One sad realization I had yesterday - first summer in 4/5 years we did not eat atop the Boathouse. sigh. Though we did have our Coldplay adventure. That was wonderful. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

ps. I'm not really anonymous...(it's me, Megan, who posted the last comment:)...I pushed the wrong button