Day 26: list 10 things you are thankful for
1. Having a Job: not only having a job, but having a job where I can wake up in the morning, and be happy that I'm going there. I also get to see people I love there everyday. Not bad.
2. Health - I used to think this was a very abstract thing to be thankful for. And it mostly only appeared on lists of people over 45. But since last fall, I am very thankful for a functioning, healthy, recovering body. It's a scary thing when that is taken away from you even for a few weeks, so I'm glad I have it back.
3. Matthew - I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but I really love that guy.
4. The Lower Mainland - We're an Olympic city. We have beautiful cityscapes - mountains, valleys and ocean views. I love having so many options - so many places I can explore without ever getting tired of it.
5. Friends - I've always known it, but it became very clear to me again last year how great my friends are. So many people helped out us out with various aspects of the wedding, and then continued to support us all the way through the crazy fall we had. I feel extraordinarily blessed by our friends.
6. Travelling - sometimes when I consider how much travelling I have already done at the age of 26, I feel a bit silly. It seems like an embarrassment of riches. I feel very fortunate to have seen so many places already. I am also thankful for people around me, who help make these dreams possible.
7. Education - I had the very rare pleasure of doing an undergraduate in something I love very much (English). If I didn't have to worry about paying the bills, I'm pretty sure I would be a student forever. That's the great thing about studying something you like. You don't ever really have to regret it - because you loved it while you're doing it. Hopefully I'll get to do more in the future.
8. Family - I've said in this blogging list already, but I sure do love my family. I see them every day and I still like them - that's pretty good right? But seriously - I am very blessed to have supportive parents (on both sides).
9. My Straightener - yep, I just put that on the list. It was starting to look a little too "canned". Like I typed "thankful list" in google or something. So I thought I'd throw this one in to keep you awake. Sometimes when I look back on photos from the past (as I did with Lavonne yesterday), I wonder how anyone was ever friends with me pre-straightener. That little device is a fantastic invention for those cursed with wavy hair.
10. Matt's Roast Beef & Yorkshire - or pretty much anything that man cooks. He made that delightful meal on Sunday, and I'm not sure it could get much better. Somehow, I found someone to make up for my vast deficit in cooking skills. It's a good thing I have other qualities to make up for it.
Well it started off a little slow, but at least it got a little crazy at the end right?
I'm going to get through these 30 days yet!