Saturday, February 27, 2010
Olympics Top 10...
So the Olympics came to Vancouver. We talked about it a lot before they came - and I think it would be pretty safe to say they lived up to the hype for me. Either that, or we just created a lot of our own hype. Probably the latter. And yet still - there were some great times.
So, now here's my Olympic top-ten, lest we forget the fun as we pay for it in taxes over the next ten years.
10. Waking up at 4:30 in the morning to see the torch: Arnold Schwarzenegger
9. Watching Ladies Moguls with collective cheering, and dancing in the rain: Richmond Ozone & Bedouin Soundclash
8. Snagging Victory Ceremony tickets at the last second: Barenaked Ladies
7. No line-ups and excellent music: Hot Hot Heat
6. Watching an opening band that got a standing ovation, beautiful melodies and a seat to call my own: Hey Rosetta & Stars
5. Singing O Canada with thousands of strangers: Jon Montgomery Gold Medal Ceremony
4. An unreal outdoor concert with non-stop favourites: Sam Roberts Band
3. Creating a new record of four free concerts in one night - all with great friends: Hey Rosetta (yes again), You Say Party, We Say Die!, Tokyo Police Club and Mother Mother
2. Geoff's sign that read "Get your photo with a Canadian - Free!" and the crazy pictures that ensued: Downtown
1. Sheer joy after Canada's huge Gold Medal Hockey win.
Well - it was a pretty unreal two weeks. So much Canadian solidarity, and fun times. Part of the joy was experiencing this with so many different friends. So thanks to everyone that was Olympic keen with me.
I have that feeling like the day after Christmas or something - so much build-up and then it's over. I suppose I should get used to it because the wedding hype is just about to get into full-swing.
Ahh yes - the wedding. 2010 is going to one for the record books.