Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Real Life...

I'm telling you right now, this is not the much anticipated wedding recap. It's coming, but you demanded blogging, and these are todays thoughts:

Today marked the return to the "work world" for me. Canadian Geography finished, so I headed back to Novacom this morning with the throng of commuters. It was also the day after a long weekend. Also, at the end of the day, I had to write a relatively significant cheque. Although little, these things added to a day that needed to be redeemed. And then:

-A Beautiful White Rock Moment-

I was just saying today how I already missed my dear TWU friends. Specifically today, I was thinking of my friend Laura Van Dyke. We became friends this semester, having two classes together and talking "literary" things. For some reason recently, I have been looking at similar cars thinking it might be one of my TWU friends. Today, coming through the 32nd Avenue Diversion, and who did I see? Laura was turning the corner. What are the chances? Provindential I think.

So we roll down the windows at the light, and decide to go to Wendy's. I am sitting there eating a JBCB just thinking - "it doesn't get any better than this". We sat and talked until almost 10.00 pm about life, proffessors, books and silly things. These are the beautiful moments of summer...

Even the bleak "real world" life can be redeemed by random moments on the commute home. During our conversation, we decided that the only thing to do is find the beautiful moments in the day and live for them. So that was my "moment" today. Long story? Yes. Beautiful moment? You better believe it.

5 comments:

theRachel said...

I think Dallas would be glad to know your beautiful moment involved Wendy's. It is his favourite place on earth. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but he is very fond of it.

Ben S. said...

aww...it is a beautiful moment. i hope we can have a beautiful moment tomorrow together at arcade fire. it will be when we find each other with no problems and no pay phones and it will be like it was meant to be. sigh.

Spiro said...

you've been...

tagged. (oh geez)

three literary characters you wish were real so you could meet,
three characters you wish you could be,
and three more that scare you.

see my blog for details.

Ang said...

I thought we had a moment the other night. I love car talks.

Sharelle said...

we sure did ang. it was truly a beautiful moment. two in one week. i am blessed.